Spring is hiding just around the corner which means spring cleaning isn't far behind. So, who's doing our spring cleaning at Innoplast? That would be Jeff and although most of our customers don't get to work with Jeff we think he's pretty great and wanted to share a little bit about the guy who makes sure your bollards covers get packed up, shipped out, and arrive at your door as soon as possible.
So Jeff, tell us:
1. What song do you have on repeat right now? Currently I do not have any particular song on repeat, but if there was just one song, I would have Kenny Chesney’s Summertime on repeat. This is a great song for the season because it is so upbeat and no matter when the song is on, you always think of summer.
2. What is your favorite food? I would have to say that one of my most favorite foods is meatloaf with barbecue sauce and mashed potatoes with ranch dressing. This is a very hearty meal and can be served any time of the year. Only mom knows how to make it right!
3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? If I could live anywhere in the world I would have to say that I would love to live in the south, particularly, South Carolina. It is always warmer down there through all seasons and they barely get any snow. Of course, I would miss the snow after a few years and would come back home just to see the snow again
4. What is your biggest accomplishment? My biggest accomplishment in life was joining the United States Army. I was told when I was younger that I wouldn’t survive the service so that made me even more driven to set out on that quest and see what I was made of. After signing up for an 8 year stint, 8 weeks of basic training and 10 weeks of advanced individual training I set off to go to permanent party where I spent 3 years at Fort Sill, Oklahoma in a Multiple Launch Rocket Systems brigade. I made several trips to California, Georgia, and Texas for very extensive training. I had the time of my life serving in the United States Army and loved every minute of it.
5. What is your most prized possession? My most prized possession is my baseball card collection. I have been collecting ever since I was a young kid and still collect to this day. I would have to say that I have over a couple thousand baseball cards and some that have never even been opened.
6. What are 3 things most people don't know about you?
- I am a huge fisherman and love to fish for large mouth bass. Every year when ice-out begins I am on the water fishing for the big ones and typically I catch a hand full, other times I get skunked.
- I am really into is astronomy, not like I use to be in the past, but still have a passion for it. I love looking up at the stars and wondering if there is life on another planet. When there is a meteor shower I am always outside with a telescope watching, weather permitting of course.
- I like to play the drums. I started off playing when I was 13 years old and have been playing ever since. In high school I played in the marching, concert, and jazz bands for 5 years and also received 3 John Phillip Sousa band awards for excellence in musicianship.
7. What is your favorite thing about working at Innoplast? I would have to say, without a doubt, the people. When you have great people that you work with, what more could you ask for?